Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Personal Athropology




I found some 4 year old sketches I had boxed up in a recent office move.  In the early days of our company we had extremely long, exhaustive meetings where we were required to sit immobile and listen to project plans for hours at a time.  Due to the fact that my brain deals poorly with idling at a red light, I produced alot of sketches to keep me from falling asleep from boredom.

These particular pieces do a good job of capturing my philosophy of existence, which to a large degree consists of the perception of a seemingly never-ending flow of organisms all unified in being and yet blindly destroying and feeding on one another over and over...  Basically evolution meets the 3 marks of existence.

This constant nagging sensation of impermanence gives me the shudders and makes the experience of watching humanity flowing through a Wal-Mart nauseating as I often fear I have experienced (or will experience) the existence of every obese mouth-breather I walk past.  In truth I find it ever more horrifying.

-CHUK

No comments:

Post a Comment